- Friday, 022219
The Open is here !
*ladies : 14# to 9′ target
*ladies: 10# to 9′ target
Our EMOM build out will truly pay off for this workout!!!
*Tips / Strategy
A. Close set up, easy transition
B. Weightlifting shoes can be a HUGE help for many here. On the rower and the wall balls alleviating some stress from certain mobility limitations
C. It won’t be who comes out of the gate hot, it will be who can maintain a good hard pace from the start.
D. Find a strategy for you and do your best to stick with it.
E. Higher level competitors will be looking to go unbroken on walls, in and out of rower fast and keep your pace. Next level down can look to maybe break the wall balls one time, while dropping a little on the rower. . . And so on.
***once we see this workout in action more tomorrow, look for a video and / or podcast of which touches on 19.1 more in depth.
Have some fun out there and get after it. Tag is on social so we can follow along !
- Thursday, 022119
Teams of 2
A. 0-10 min
2k row – alt every 250m
B. @11 min
Alt 1:1. 8 min amrap
6 ohs 75/53
3 dB clean and jerks 50/35
Right after for 8 min amrap
Max clean and jerk in time left
- Wed, 022019
A. Friday Night Lights is just a few nights away! Join us Friday night at 5:30 to kick off the 2019 Open season. A blast every year and this will be no different. Lulu lemon will be in house along with Ellery Photos
B. You do not NEED to sign up for the open to join FNL, but we do encourage everyone to do so and have some fun with it. It’s a blast and a great measurement for progress from prior and progressing forward
A. Power Snatch to heavy single
A. Back SqT
Men to 1-2 rm for day
Women 2-3 rm for day
A. Single leg work;
(1) step ups – same leg 6-8 reps x 5 sets each
(2) front rack lunge – same leg or alt work ^
B. EMOM x 8
8/7 cal bike
8 Russian KB swing
Emom x 9-12
Minute 1: 20 double unders + 30′ dB front rack lunge
Minute 2: 15/ 12 cal bike
Minute 3: 5 c2b pull-ups
- Tuesday, 021919
Beach season is coming!
Stay tuned for a bodybuilding template for optional programming; pre and post CFF programming.
A1. Clean Pull @100% of clean x 1 rep; every :90 x 5
A2. Triple bounding x 2x
B. 500m Row x 3 rds; rest 3 min – fastest splits yet
:30 db snatch 50/35
:30 hang power cleans 115/83
:30 HS walk (25′ sections)
Rest 3:30 x 3
*modify accordingly, see coach
Emom x 10
Minute 1: 15/12 cal ski
Minute 2: 10 heavy wall balls
1. Wall Press – :15 hold x 5; rest :45
2. Plate around the world. 10 rotations each direction x 3 sets
3. kB front rack wall sit. Tabata x 7-10
4. Change plate : rear flys and front raises. Super set. 8-10 reps each x 4 sets both
5. Sled sled step x 30-40′ x 4 each way
6. Crossover symmetry or scap work
- Monday, 021819
1. Did you register for the Open? Friday night
Kicks off our Friday night lights season!
2. Today starts the schedule change from 9&10a to 8:30 and 8:30am classes.
3. Full / normal schedule today ; not abbreviated for the holiday
A. Split jerk ; technique all the way to heavy singles. Details on climbing discussed at whiteboard
AMRAP 10 @80%
3 Thrusters 135/93 115/83 95/63 etc
6 burpees over bar
3 bar muscle ups / c2b / pull-ups / jumping
6 box jump overs 30/24 – 24/20
1. DB sa row 10 reps x 3 sets each side
2. Heavy KB front rack step ups 8 reps alt x 4 sets
3. Bodyweight ring row holds – :10-:15 hold. Chest to rings x 3 sets
4. Banded side step 30′ each way; superset with :15 Hs hold x 5 sets
5. 20 min recovery work
6. Crossover symmetry
- Saturday, 021619
1. Yoga – this Sunday at 9am. Join us! See details on Facebook event.
2. Have you registered for the Open? Sign up and join us weekly for Friday light nights.
3. Starting Monday: 9a and 10 class times are changing to 8:30 and 9:30. Am folks please make sure to note changes.
A. Clean; every :90 x 8 ; once to 75%
20 burpee bj over 24/20
20 hang power clean 155/103
50 double unders
20 dB step overs 50/35’s -24/20”
20 double DB snatch ^
50 double unders