18.1 is here!
A. Friday Night Lights kicks off tonight at 5:30p. @capraccotaphoto will be in house shooting all night. Heats will run efficiently and organized. Hopefully everyone can join us! Opens t shirts will be available for those who ordered, with a few extra potentially.
18.1 Pacing Sheet CLICK HERE
am: Prep (for folks coming to Friday Night Lights / and have the time)
A. 5-10 min of athlete specific mobility; focus is scape, chest and hamstrings / hips
B. Row 500m x 3; 70%, 80%, 90%; rest 3 min between
C. Movement Prep for 18.1. T2b progressions, into light DB movement into :12 bike bike sprint, 3-4 ads of this before specific prep
D. 18.1 Prep
10 db clean and jerks (5 each side) 50/35
14/12 cal row
Rest 1 min
Another round, scaling back,
Rest 1 min
1 round at “PACE” for your in the workout.
*see notes on workout above.
E. Cool down + white board sessions of your strategy and visualization (dry runs no weight through and transitions)
*bullet Points for 18.1
* MAP Training at its finest
* Transitions will be key for many. Think 39 transitions at :90 rounds.
* Finishing the row efficiently and intelligently to get off and get on bar to progress through next round
* Relax hands on the DB throughout the reps
* Inside leg, versus outside for majority of folks
* Its a rowing workout for the upper level athletes. Who can hold what pace on the row, per round. Round 1, should be slightly OFF from your pace. Work your way into your pace here, versus going out to fast.
* T2b; unbroken for higher level shouldn’t be issue. Going 5/3 early on is perfectly fine for those pacing those scores. See chart for pacing and scores.
* Fight for paces, don’t let up. . . few seconds here, few seconds there, through all these transitions and rounds; you will end with reps on the table.
* You guys have built out to a workout like this PERFECTLY. Trust in your training and what you are capable of.
* Have some fun out there
* Make it hurt!